Almost 30 - Six Months Left
The official six month countdown to my 30th birthday has begun! In honor of these last few months of my twenties, I've decided to share five random facts every month, so here we go!
1. I started Hello Gypsy three years ago, but I knew that HG would be my business name when I was about 18. A friend started calling me Gypsy as a joke... Turns out this funny little nickname actually became a huge part of my identity. ✨🔮✨
2. I have lived in three different states in the last three years (Chicago, IL ➡️ Columbus, OH ➡️ Los Angeles, CA). I am very good at packing and moving BUT it still stresses me out every time. And this year I'm moving again! But we are staying in LA so it will be much easier than all these other long distance moves. 💕🌴☀️
3. Speaking of, I live in sunny California with my boyfriend, and teenie weenie black and white dog. We got Lucie at a shelter when we were living in Ohio. When my boyfriend first pointed her out in the cage I said "no" because I thought she was a puppy. Turns out I was wrong! She's just a tiny dog that looks and acts like a puppy. Everyday I'm so glad he chose her because she's my baby dog and I love her like crazy. 😍😍😍
4. I have no formal design training! Besides yearbook class and a couple basic art and design classes in high school, I am 100% self taught. I was always insecure about this — so much so that when I was in college I used to say "I do design" (lol). Took a few months at my first big freelance gig to realize I should be saying "I AM a designer." So I switched and haven't looked back. ✨👩🏻💻✨
5. If I wasn't a designer I would have my own little antique store because I LOVE vintage furniture and hunting for treasures. I'd actually love to do both, but moving around and living in very tiny apartments has been a challenge. It's on my to do list though and one day I will make it happen! -
Ps check out my insta story to see a pic of me at 24 with huge bangs 👍